Big Timber, MT - Heifer Calves
120 Hd 100% Black Angus at 400 Lbs, Ship ~Aug 16
- Final Price: $180.00
FANCY set of Home-Raised Steer Calves!
45 day calving period from March 18-May 13 making them a nice even set. Cow herd is 100% home raised and uniform! Strive for a functional mother cow with high growth potential. Deep bodied, heavy muscled, fancy Angus kind from Duff, Gaugler, Fairview, Schaefer, Gardner Angus programs. On a good Nutrition program, supplemented with Purina mineral year round and protein lick tubs when feed is dry. Cake is fed during winter months and hay February-May.
These calves are the real deal!:
It all starts with the cow. We must have the no nonsense cow herd to produce our product. No outside females have been introduced into the herd for 50 plus years. Replacement females and bulls are selected on:
- Production pounds at weaning,
- The ability to maintain flesh and grow on native grass,
- Structural soundness,
- Feed efficiency.
Calves will be a bit light this year and have to come early due to the extreme drought conditions.
- Representative and Contact Number Scott Robbie 406.855.0534
- Kind and Sex Heifer Calves
- Sex Heifers
- Approx Head Count 120
- Base Weight 400
- Approximate Shipping Date Monday, August 16, 2021
- Breeds or Color Percentages 100% Black Angus
- Weight Variance Uneven (+/-15%-20%)
- Frame Size Large - Estimated Finish 1375+ lbs.
- Flesh Condition Light Flesh / Green
- Vaccinations Program Calfhood Vaccines Only : Vista once and vision 7 end of May beginning of June.
- Weaned Not Weaned
- Origin Home-Raised
- Feed Program On the cow, Running out, Grazing on mountain pastures
- Location Ranch scale 30 miles north of Big Timber, MT
- Weighing Conditions AM Gather, Weigh on the ground with 2% Shrink
- Slide $0.16 Over Slide
- Item # 576151
- Qty Available 0
- End Date
- Start Date
- 178 Page Views
There are no questions for this listing.