Big Sandy, MT - Open Heifers
77 Head 75% Black, 25% Red at 850 Lbs, Ship ~Aug 30
- Final Price: $144.00
NOTE: Heifers to be preg tested Aug 27th, breed up may change the number of heifers available plus or minus. We’ll know how many are available for sure after the 27th. Please be aware that some late calvers may be lutalyced on the day of preg check.
The IX Ranch is offering this big load of tested open Yearling heifers coming off their replacements. They'll stand on a lot of bone with plenty of compensatory gain.
Below is information from the Ranch Manager Richard Roth-
We strive to have a mature cow that weights no more than 1250 lbs., can winter on less than a ton of hay and breed back 94-96% in a 50-55 day breeding season. In order to attain these goals we utilize proven key performance indicators (ranchkpi.com) and the Leachman Cattle of Colorado $Profit™ indexing system.
The IX Ranch is BQA certified and the 2020 BQA Cow Calf Operation of the Year. Therefore, they take pride in raising an animal that has been well cared for and is ready to go to work. Our cattle are grazed on a contiguous operation with little to no interaction with neighboring cattle. IX cattle are healthy and have good immune systems while being able to react quickly to medication when needed.
Our number one selection criteria when choosing sires is disposition but we also pay keen attention to muscling, scrotal size, feet and bone structure. We also use $Ranch and $Profit indexes formulated by Leachman's of Colorado. Avg $Ranch = $54.95; Avg $Profit = $11,905
The IX Ranch has purchased composite bulls from Leachman's of Colorado for over 12 years. We select sires for moderate weight and frame score cows. Our average mature cow weight is 1238 lbs and we select no sires bigger than a frame score 6. For more information on Leachman genetics please contact Lee Leachman at (970) 568-3983.
We offer free choice salt and mineral year-round to all our cattle. The mineral used is formulated based on summer and winter forage. Grass and Alfalfa hay, produced on our own ranch, is provided during the winter months to sustain a 5.5 BCS.
- Representative and Contact Number Boe Robbie 406.855.0051
- Kind and Sex Open Heifers
- Sex Heifers
- Approx Head Count 77
- Base Weight 850
- Approximate Shipping Date Monday, August 30, 2021
- Breeds or Color Percentages 75% Black/BWF, 25% Red RWF
- Weight Variance Uneven (+/-15%-20%)
- Frame Size Medium - Estimated Finish 1325-1375 lbs
- Flesh Condition Light Flesh / Green
- Vaccinations Program Spring Shots Only: Inforce 3, Ultrabac 8, Ralgro Apr 19 - May 15
- Value Added Program Beef Quality Assurance Certified Program
- Weaned Not Weaned
- Origin Home-Raised
- Feed Program Grazing on Native Dryland Pasture
- Location 20 miles N of Big Sandy
- Weighing Conditions AM Gather, Weigh on the ground with 3% Shrink
- Slide $0.08 over slide
- Comments NOTE: Heifers to be preg tested Aug 27th, breed up may change the number of heifers available plus or minus. We’ll know how many are available for sure after the 27th. Please be aware that some late calvers may be lutalyced on the day of preg check
- Item # 578099
- Qty Available 0
- End Date
- Start Date
- 238 Page Views
There are no questions for this listing.