Monida, MT - Steer Calves (YT)
526 Head 60% BWF, 40% RWF at 550 Lbs, Ship Oct 20-21
- Final Price: $176.00
(MORE VIDEO COMING SOON)
Big String coming from Big Country! The Legendary Matador Cattle Company is a BQA award winning Cow/Calf operation in South West Montana. The Beaverhead Ranch is older than the state of Montana, dating back to the 1860s. The Matador Cattle Company is a combined ranching operation in Montana, Kansas and Texas.
Matador Cattle Co. is offering nearly 3,000 head of steer calves from the 2 main cow herds. All the calves are born in a 45 day calving period from March 20-May 5, have 2 rounds of shots, and a custom formulated mineral program. They're all grazing on mountain pastures with their mothers. The weigh up is good; Pairs are gathered early in the morning off big pastures, trailed to the corrals, sorted off their mothers, sorted by sex, then the heifers are weighed FIRST, then steers are weighed straight. All buyers in the past have been happy with the weigh up being fair.
These English Cross calves run in big country and and will be a hardy set of feeders, able to handle the heat and the cold. Matador calves have all the traits you want out of a high performance set of feeder cattle. The Sires for the cow herd are selected by moderate maternal traits while maximizing growth! They've been run over the next year and turned out to grass as yearlings or have gone straight to feed. Finishing over 1400 will not be a problem on these frames. The Angus/Hereford Foundation gives these cattle plenty of stretch and bone to stand on. It's a high priority to de-horn everything with nubs started at Branding but some other nubs may become visible later in life.
The Ranch sticks with Horned Herefords in the Valley cow herd because they believe the quality of Genetics is superior to the most polled Hereford Programs. The Kansas Division of the Matador is purely a Seedstock operation aimed at producing Purebred Angus & Purebred Hereford Bulls for the two commercial ranches in Montana and Texas.
The Matador's Yellow Tag Calves come from the valley cow herd with 100% Horned Hereford sires.
Valley Cow Herd:
- 60% Black & Black Baldy Cows
- 37% Red Baldy Cows
- 3% Hereford Cows
The Matador's Blue Tag Calves primarily come off the Sage Creek Division and Sired by 100% Black Angus Bulls.
Sage Creek Cow Herd:
- 100% Black Hided Cows
- 60% Straight Black Cows
- 40% Black Baldy Cows
- Representative and Contact Number Boe Robbie - 406.855.0051
- Kind and Sex Steer Calves
- Sex Steers
- Approx Head Count 526
- Base Weight 550
- Approximate Shipping Date Thursday, October 21, 2021
- Breeds or Color Percentages 15% Solid Black, 45% BWF, 37% RWF, 3% Hereford
- Weight Variance Uneven (+/-15%-20%)
- Frame Size Large - Estimated Finish 1375+ lbs.
- Flesh Condition Light Flesh / Green
- Vaccinations Program Branding & Pre-Weaning Shots: Branding: Vista Once, Vision 7 Blackleg, Pinkeye x2, Nasalgen IP, implanted with Synovex C; Pre-Weaning: Vision 7 Somnus, Vista Once
- Weaned Not Weaned
- Origin 100% Ranch-Raised
- Feed Program On the Cow, grazing on Native Pasture
- Location Staudher Corrals; 17 mi NE of Monida, MT
- Weighing Conditions AM Gather, Sort from Cows, Sort by sex, WEIGH HEIFERS FIRST, weigh steers on the ground straight.
- Slide $0.12 Slide
- Item # 571226
- Qty Available 0
- End Date
- Start Date
- 191 Page Views
There are no questions for this listing.