Why Montana Cattle ConneXion?
With over 25 Years in the Cattle Marketing Business, MCC offers Experience, Innovation and Flexibility to our customers! We strive to improve our services all the time by embracing new methods and new technology to actively market cattle to the buyers who want them!
- A broker that works closely with you to help build a marketing plan to fit your operation and meet your goals!
- A more personal approach to video and marketing to help capture the value of your cattle and your program!
- Aggressive marketing by our Brokers to find feeders and programs that want your cattle!
- Low-Stress selling with reserves set prior to the exchange so you don't have to make the split-second selling decision!
- Less commission puts more money towards your bottom line!
Montana Cattle ConneXion.com Marketing Services!
Sell Your Cattle with Confidence, Less Stress, Less Commission and MORE COMPETITION!
5 Reasons Ranchers Struggle to Sell their Calves
- “My country buyers just aren’t getting anything done.”
-Speaking from the order buyer’s side, it is getting harder and harder to work country deals because buyers or sellers can easily access sales quotes instantly anytime or anywhere. Understandably, Sellers find and quote the highest prices paid off videos and auctions across the country. These high auction prices are the product of what can only be created by competition but can be misleading because they may not represent the same type of cattle with respect to delivery date, freight distance or other reasons. On the other hand, Feeders also can find the LOWEST prices paid for cattle across the country, making no notes of quality or kind. This creates a huge disconnect between asking prices and offering prices, both of which are too high and too low respectively. MCC is committed to finding fair market value for Ranchers and potential for profitability for Feeders. We guarantee a fair market reserve so no one will ever get cheated on price, and the price discovery that only competition can create
- "I don't feel like we are getting the exposure that our program deserves."
-Though we are in a commodity business, there are ways to market these programs to buyers who value quality. MCC and our brokers take great care to get good video representation of the cattle and properly describe them. We also want to sell more than just weights and head counts. We want to sell YOU and your program. Our advertising and marketing methods target specific segments of cattle feeders for different types of cattle.
- "We don't like the stress at a live auction where we have 30 seconds to decide our paycheck for the year."
-This is stressful for everyone. With MCC, you can set a reserve price prior to the sale. Our brokers will have a "Suggested Reserve Price" that is a calculated value of the cattle based on current futures market value. If you agree to price them at this price there will be no penalty or no-sale fees if the cattle don't bring at least that price. You however can name your own reserve for the cattle if you want. Cattle priced higher than the market are much less likely to sell and will incur a PO fee.
- “I don't know who I'm selling to on the big video sales.”
- The Cattle Business is based on relationships and doing business with people you know. We know that Montana Ranchers want to have a connection with the people buying their cattle. The big video reps rarely know any of the buyers bidding on the sale. We do our best to build relationships with you and the feeders we sell to. MCC specifically markets to a large network of family operated farmer feeders across the Midwest as well as large corporate yards. We are a family run business just like you and most ranches across Montana. You can sell with confidence knowing that the Robbie family, our friends, customers and partners can be your ConneXion and a trusted partner when selling your calves!
- "We don't like paying too much commission!"
- Margins are tight for everyone in the cattle business. Every dollar and every pound counts! Air time costs lots of money, but being a family owned business with new technology and almost unlimited online reach, our costs are less to operate and we can pass those savings on to our customers. We only charge 1.5% commission which is less than any other video auction in the country! This can save you $500+ per load or $6+ per head. Just another way MCC is working for Montana's Ranchers to add value!
Benefits of Montana Cattle ConneXion.com:
Building Relationships in the Cattle Business, Benefiting both Buyer and Seller! You get to deal with professional brokers that want to build a partnership with you. They represent you at delivery time and do their best to follow up on the cattle later in the year to develop relationships with buyers. We work hard to match your cattle to their programs to help create value and profitability for both of you! Cattle sell to buyers that we know, so you have the same confidence as if you were selling to a local order buyer.
Buyer Competition means Higher Prices, and Less Commission means More Dollars for You! Our Exchange is advertised across the country every month to buyers from California to Minnesota, Idaho to Texas and everywhere between. Come Sale time, only approved buyers will be able to bid on your cattle so you can sell with confidence. During these sales the bidders will be visible to you and other buyers for transparency and confidence that there are no games and the true market value will be realized!
- Take Away the Stress & Sell with Confidence! These exchanges will help to get the most value from your crop in today's rapidly changing market with extremely volatile futures markets. Across all industries buyers prefer buying online because it's fast and easy. The cattle business is no different! They want to get all they need with minimal effort online. Don't price out to different buyers and have them each bid you less, put them on our online exchange and let them all bid you more! Your broker will be with you every step.